This short journeys through India's economic capital, Mumbai (Bombay), contrasting portraits of people who live on the streets with the natural beauty that surrounds them.
'Eclipse' is a visually based film inspired by the likes of Baraka, Koyaanisqatsi and most recently Samsara. Featuring stunning images and a hypnotic musical score, there are no actors, or any dialogue, only real people and their environment.
Director / DP: MARK LAPWOOD ACS
Composer: MICHAEL ASKILL
Format: 35mm - 1:1.85
Awards & Nominations:
- Australian Film Institute (AFI) Award for Outstanding Achievement in Short Film Screen Craft (Cinematography) Dec 2007
- Gold Award Australian Cinematographers Society (ACS) Nov 2007
- Winner Best Short Documentary Honolulu International Film Festival, Hawaii, USA 2009
- Winner National Geographic Documentary Award, Flickerfest, Australia 2009
- Winner Grand Prize Best Experimental Short Film, Rhode Island International Film Festival, Providence USA, 2008